Biscuit Baking Technology 2nd Edition
Expected Release Date: 01 Feb 2016
Print Book ISBN :9780128042113
Dimensions: 229 X 152
GBP 125.00 For author’s 30% discount use code ATR30
- Thoroughly explores the engineering of baking, details biscuit baking equipments, oven specifications, installation, operation and maintenance;
- The second edition expands chapters 1 to 3, detailing basic biscuit process, product range, ingredients and process changes during baking. All the chapters have been reorganized and updated;
- Provides details of best industry practice for safety, hygiene and maintenance of ovens;
- Contains explanations of heat transfer and all the types of biscuit oven design with clear pictures and drawings;
- Gathers all the information on how to select and specify an oven to be purchased for a particular range of biscuits.
Biscuit Baking Technology, Second Edition, is a reference book for senior managers and staff involved in industrial scale biscuit baking. It covers the biscuit industry process, ingredients, formulations, besides design, manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of the baking ovens.
Written by an expert on the biscuit baking industry, the book is a complete manual guide that will help engineering, production and purchasing managers and staff in the biscuit industry to make the best decisions on oven efficiency purchasing.
Senior managers and staff in industrial biscuit manufacturers (production, engineering and purchasing departments). Baking industry and institutions in general.
Biscuit Baking Technology, 2nd Edition
- THE BISCUITS
- BAKING PROCESS
- BISCUIT DESIGN AND OUTPUT
- HEAT TRANSFER
- OVEN DESIGNS
- OVEN SPECIFICATIONS: hybrid ovens
- OVEN CONSTRUCTION: Direct Gas Fired Ovens
- OVEN CONSTRUCTION: Indirect Fired Ovens
- HEAT RECOVERY SYSTEM
- OVEN CONVEYOR BANDS
- OVEN CONVEYOR DESIGN
- PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- OVEN SAFETY MONITORING AND ALARM
- OVEN OPERATION: Direct Gas Fired Oven
- OVEN OPERATION: Indirect radiant Oven
- OVEN EFFICIENCY
- OVEN INSPECTION AND AUDIT
APPENDIX 1 Ingredients for biscuits
APPENDIX 2 Maintenance
APPENDIX 3 Combustion data
APPENDIX 4: Oven manufacturers
APPENDIX 5: Oven band manufacturers
Iain Davidson graduated from the School of Industrial Design (Engineering) at Royal College of Art in London in 1965 and joined Baker Perkins Ltd. He was Industrial Design Engineer, working in the Technical Department on the design of new biscuit, bakery and candy processing machines until 1975, gaining a thorough technical knowledge of the machines and processes. In 1990 Iain was appointed Regional Manager Asia Pacific for Baker Perkins and re-located to Indonesia and later in 1997 to China. His appointments included Managing Director of Baker Perkins (Hong Kong) Ltd. and Director of Baker Perkins Japan KK. Iain was responsible for a substantial increase in the company’s biscuit business in Asia During this period the company’s Asian biscuit machinery business grew by over 3 times. Iain established a successful manufacturing facility for biscuit ovens in Dalian, China in 1990 for Baker Perkins and subsequently continued an manufacturing capability for Baker Pacific Ltd. In China, India and Indonesia.
Affiliations and Expertise
Director, Baker Pacific Ltd.